While researching Valdosta, Georgia’s water treatment, I found some interesting things….
Source #1 Click Here
Source #2 Click Here
VALDASTA A City Without Limits
How is Your Water Treated
The City of Valdosta Water Treatment Plant uses the latest available technology to provide safe and good tasting water for its customers. Expansions of the facility to 22.5 million gallons per day (MGD) and upgrading of all equipment was completed in 2007. The treatment process includes:
- Air stripping towers to physically remove hydrogen sulfide;
- Ozone treatment to oxidize organics and sulfides and to provide primary disinfection;
- Chemical addition to stabilize the pH of the treated water;
- Phosphate addition to provide corrosion control;
- Sodium hypochlorite addition to provide final disinfection and provide a disinfection residual until the water is used by the customer;
- Treated water is stored on-site and pumped to the customer as needed.
Fluoride (ppm) Water additive that promotes strong teeth
Total Trihalomethanes Byproduct of drinking water chlorination
Haloacetic Acids Byproduct of drinking water chlorination
Free Chlorine Chemical added for disinfection
Some interesting info, wouldn’t you say Valdosta???? Do you realize what you are drinking?????